As you may have heard, Horizon Workspace 1.8 became GA yesterday. This release hasn't been publicized too much but is a major improvement over the 1.5 release with many bug fixes. Some of the major changes include:
- Citrix-based Application integration. From the Horizon Workspace User Portal, users can launch Citrix-based applications via XenApp 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 using single sign-on. Note: Citrix Receiver must be installed on the client.
- VMware ThinApp package delivery to Windows desktops. Horizon Workspace provides delivery of ThinApp 5.0 packages with 32-bit/64-bit applications to all Windows devices. HTTP delivery is supported to non-domain member endpoints on Windows devices.
- Microsoft Office 365. Single sign-on from Workspace to Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and Outlook 365 web applications. Browser based and native email clients are supported.
- Horizon Workspace User Portal and App Center. The User Portal has been enhanced to make application resource management easier. The App Center provides users with self-service category filtering, which shows the latest applications added.
- Web application links. IT administrators can now create Web application links that do not require user authentication, allowing administrators to create static Web links.
- Enterprise enhancements, including the following.
- Support for multi-forest Active Directory deployments. You can integrate Horizon Workspace with multiple Active Directory (AD) forests.
- Application access policy. IT administrators can apply access policies and select different authentication methods based on application type.
- Support for enterprise branding of Horizon Workspace.
- VMware Switch enhancements, including the following.
- Support for Android 4.2 (JellyBean) as the workspace operating system.
- Support for Android tablets.
- Enhanced Horizon Mail 1.7x.
You can find the release notes here: http://hrzn.ws/1qwmOVe
And all other documentation here: http://hrzn.ws/1fqnNgO
Remember to join our Horizon Workspace Google+ page to share tips, tricks, and help build the Workspace community!