What’s New in This Release (Check out the Release Notes Here) for Mac
4.0.1 enables TLSv1.0 by default. All other new 4.x features are below:
- Enabling TLSv1.0 ensures that by default Horizon Client can connect to VMware Horizon Air servers. You do not need to upgrade to Horizon Client 4.0.1 unless you use Horizon Client to connect to Horizon Air cloud-hosted desktops and applications. New Features in Horizon Client 4.0 • VMware Blast Extreme
- End-users can select the VMware Blast display protocol when they connect to a remote desktop or application in Horizon Client, and they can configure decoding and network protocol options for VMware Blast sessions. Administrators can create vmware-view URIs to launch a remote desktop or application with the VMware Blast display protocol. This feature also requires Horizon Agent 7.0.
- Client drive redirection feature enhancements
- You can now open local files with remote applications directly from your local file system and you can run remote applications directly from your Applications folder.
- SSLv3 is removed.
- Multiple monitors in different modes
- When you have multiple monitors, you can use the Window > Use Single Display in Full Screen option to make a remote desktop fill only one monitor. With this option, the monitors do not have to be in the same mode. For example, if you are using a laptop connected to an external monitor, the external monitor can be in portrait mode or landscape mode.
- OS X El Capitan (10.11) Split View support
- With Split View in OS X El Capitan, you can fill your Mac screen with two applications without having to manually move and resize windows. You can use Split View with remote desktops in full-screen mode (Full Screen or Use Single Display in Full Screen option).
- Configure Horizon Client to forget server user name and domain information
- By default, Horizon Client stores the user name and domain that you enter when you log in to a server to connect to a remote desktop or application. For increased security, you can configure Horizon Client to never remember the server user name and domain.
- OpenSSL 1.0.2f support
- The OpenSSL library is updated to version openssl-1.0.2f.
- Support discontinued for Mac OS X 10.8 as a client operating system
- Horizon Client for Mac OS X 4.0 must be installed on Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, or 10.11.
Installing the New Horizon view Client on your Mac
- Download the new client from vmware.com/downloads
- Double Click the DMG file, and drag the Icon to the Applications Folder
- Be sure to Replace any previous instances of the Client
- Launch the Client and ensure the About section reflects the new version