VMware Horizon 7.8 is here!
Update: check out the technical overview video recently posted!
- Enhance HTML5 console functionality as we drive toward feature parity with Horizon Admin Console (Flex)
- Support for Windows Server 2019 for Horizon Infrastructure/Management components
- Increase CPA scale to 250k session
- Improved RDSH load balancing
- RDSH App restriction using OU
- TrueSSO unlock support for vIDM
- Windows Server 2016 support in nested/dual hop mode.
- UEM: Enable application blocking and privilege elevation in SyncTool scenario
- Support latest RHEL 7.6 and CentOS 7.6 with LinuxVDI.
- Support SLED 12.x when using NVIDIA GPU hardware
- Improved LinuxVDI feature compatibility across distributions.
- Qualified for VMC deployments
Horizon Clients 5.0, Blast Extreme and Remote Experience
Check out the new Icon and Dark Mode!
- Client UI redesign
- Resolve Blast uplink bandwidth usage spike caused by network continuity
- Support for 6 monitors for trader/financial uses cases with Blast Extreme
- Support multi-threaded encoding for Blast protocol on Windows
- Improved USB redirection peripheral support over WAN
- Enhance URL redirection to use IP addresses
- Support scanner redirection on Linux clients
- Support IPv6 addressing with RTAV
- Allow session collaboration in view only mode
- .net smartcard support for MacOS clients
- DPI synchronization per connection